WATER MONKEY CHALLENGE RACE INFO
The Water Monkey Challenge is shaping up to be our biggest race ever! We have over 100 stand up paddle boarders registered and ready for the challenge. If you have not registered you can still get in on the action until tomorrow at midnight. There will be no registration the day of the race so make sure you register online.
We have stand up paddlers from across Florida, North Carolina and even the U.K. coming to compete on Saturday. Come out to the pre-registration party at Johnny Reno’s on the Pier in downtown St. Pete tomorrow night from 6-8.
Make sure you bring a PFD to keep on your board during the race as it is Florida law!
Check out the full event schedule and race course maps below. See you at the Water Monkey Challenge!
Friday, May 18th
- 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Pre-registration party at Jonny Reno’s on the Pier.
- Last day to register. There will be NO DAY OF REGISTRATION AVAILABLE (city regulations). You can register online or at the Pre-Registartion party at Jonny Reno’s on the Pier.
Saturday, May 19th
- 8:30 a.m. Registration sign in, timing chip pick up and board drop off begins.
- 9:00 a.m. Community Leaders Demo Paddle – We have invited local officials and community leaders to try SUP for the first time. Let’s show them what all the talk is about!
- 9:40 a.m. Captains meeting to review race courses and rules. YOU MUST HAVE A PDF ON BOARD!IMPORTANT – Competitors will be timed using timing chips. It is important that you arrive on time for the captains meeting in order to receive your timing chip.
- 10 a.m. ELITE race starts with FUN Race immediately following.
- 12 p.m. Last competitors finish. Start of KIDS race.
- 1 p.m. Team relay race. Teams of 4 paddlers with at least 1 female will compete for FREE BEER!
- 2 p.m. Lunch and awards party at Jonny Reno’s on the Pier.